Clearing class 10th is the first stage a student steps forward towards his future. The stream you choose after 10th plays a major role in determining what you’re going to do in your life professionally. Therefore, it is of utmost importance to choose the best schools in Gurgaon and explore all the options available at your hand before going ahead in any stream.
Generally, students and parents decide the stream solely based on the percentage scored in the finals, which is not the right thing to do. You must be aware of all the career options and then look into what suits you the most. For the same reason, we have gathered the top courses you can pick after completing the 10th standard to scale up your educational background.
10+2 or junior college is the most common step forward many students take after passing the tenth standard. There are three main categories you can select from to pursue junior college that are Science, Commerce, and Arts. Various subjects you will study in the respective stream are listed below:
11th & 12th with Science
- Physical Science subjects – Physics, Chemistry
- Mathematical science subjects – Mathematics, Statistics
- Biological science subjects – Biology, Botany, Zoology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biotechnology, etc.
- Social Science subjects – Economics
- Additional subjects – Computer Science, Information technology, Environmental Science, Electricity and Electronics, etc.
11th & 12th with Commerce
- Business Management Studies
- Secretarial Practices
11th & 12th with Arts
- Language subjects like Hindi, Urdu, Marathi, Punjabi, Gujrati, Bengali, Assamese, Malayalam, Kannada, etc.
- Foreign language subjects like English, French, Spanish, German, Latin, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Arts and Humanities like Psychology, Geography, Economics, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Anthropology, Home science, etc.
- Professional subjects like Fashion Studies, Multimedia, Travel, and Tourism, Mass Media, Telecommunications, etc.
- Performing arts like Dance, Singing, Theatre, etc.
Accordingly, some of the best schools in Gurgaon counsel and prepare students for the upcoming complex subjects within the secondary level based on their interests.
3-year Polytechnic Diploma in Engineering
There are a number of polytechnic diploma courses available after the 10th. These diplomas are related to the engineering field and teach you the technical related subjects based on the course you choose. It takes three years to complete the diploma course in a particular field.
After that, you can either apply for a job or go on to pursue B. TECH. Diploma holders get a direct second-year entry into the B. Tech courses.
Some of the best diploma courses with a better future scope are listed below:
- Computer engineering
- Information technology
- Civil engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electronics and telecommunications
- Electrical engineering
- Cyber forensics and information technology
- Biomedical electronics
- Chemical engineering
- Petroleum engineering
ITI Certificate Courses
ITI certificate courses are available with different subjects depending upon the field you select. These are two-year courses where they teach you an overview of technical and non-technical subjects with a specific skill set. You can get an entry-level job upon completion of an ITI certificate, or you can also get into the second-year diploma in the relevant stream.
Some of the courses available under technical and non-technical ITI certificates are as follows:
- Draughtsman (Civil & Architecture)
- Computer hardware and network maintenance
- Food production
- Hair and skincare
- Travel tour assistant
3-year’s Vocational Diploma
You can take a 3-year D.Voc. (Diploma in Vocation) course under the NSQF (National Skill Qualification Framework) training program instead of a polytechnic diploma or an ITI certificate course. This diploma teaches you job-oriented skills that help you land the relevant job upon completion. Some of the courses under the same are listed below:
- Software development
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Travel and tourism
- Refrigerator and air conditioning
- Medical imaging
Vocational Stream for 11th and 12th
Apart from the Science, arts, and Commerce, there is also a vocational 11th and 12th offered by some Indian boards. Some of the courses are as follows:
- Accountancy and taxation
- Air conditioning and refrigeration
- Auto shop repair and practice
- Banking and insurance
- Civil engineering technician
- Construction technology
Skill Training Programs
NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation) offers several skill training programs for 10th graduates. Some of the programs are:
- Beauty therapist
- Food processing
- Sales executive
- Software development
These are most of the options available for students after completing 10th. And you should choose the stream very wisely after carefully looking into your interests, subjects of interest, and future scope. Thus, the best schools in Gurgaon offer career counseling from experienced educators to make things easier and directions clearer for both students and parents.
If you want to read more valuable content visit Tech New Minds.