Oracle is one of the hottest buzzwords in today’s data-driven world. With vibrant technological advancements, e-commerce and the internet have multiplied manifold. With COVID 19, many organizations have shifted their services online, increasing the overall volume of data. To manage such a high amount of data, companies procure Database Administrators.
Oracle DBA Certification is a gateway to bountiful knowledge, a cutting-edge skillset, and better organizational visibility. One can reap the benefits of availing Oracle SQL Certification in unimaginable ways. It aids in achieving the desired professional credibility and gives you a career boost while increasing your salary. Certified professionals are an indispensable asset for their employers and receive more significant opportunities and recognition.
The below-mentioned certifications are stepping stones in acquiring an Oracle Database Certification.
1. Associate Certification:
It is the foundational certification that requires the candidate to pass two preliminary tests to become an Oracle Certified Associate. An OCA can fundamentally learn and work in junior database management or as an app developer. To earn the status of a reputed OCP, one must become an OCA. One should undertake either one of the three tests available:
2. Oracle Database 12 c: SQL Fundamentals 1Z0-061:
This test assesses one’s potential and critical abilities to formulate, edit, maintain and retrieve data. Fluency in SQL and other essential facts is a must and acts as a bonus.
3. Oracle Database 11g: Administration – I 1Z0-052:
This test lays its prime focus on the application of concepts. One must know the process of securing Oracle instances in any network. Candidates should have a sound understanding of Oracle Database Architecture along with the recovery and backup of the database. Familiarity with the process of configuring security instances is also beneficial.
4. Oracle Database SQL Expert 1Z0-047:
This test is on more recent and modern concepts. A thorough understanding of over 76 different topics is much needed. A prior experience in SQL and the administration of databases is quintessential. It is a two-hour exam with 78 MCQ. Candidates must secure a minimum of 66%.
5. Professional Certification:
With the help of professional certification, one can not only develop large-scale database applications but also manage them.
- An OCA Certification is a must.
- Take the exam – Oracle’s official website offers a plethora of courses. Once the candidate has selected the course, they can prepare themselves and sit for the exam.
- One must submit any one of the already completed courses from a list of 21 courses.
- Oracle Database 11g: This is the final step in this process. Once the candidate has completed the exam, he must submit a form to complete the course.
6. Master Certification:
Once an individual gets his OCP Certification, he is required to undergo a two-day training program along with a hands-on course. With the help of this certification, one can make their way to the cream of IT departments, hence working with sensitive database applications and providing a solution to system issues.
- An OCP certification is a pre-requisite – To become an OCM (Oracle Certified Master), one must procure an OCP certificate.
- Completion of advanced courses – From a list of over 30 Oracle courses, one must complete two advanced courses to get a master’s certification. These courses can coincide with those from the OCP certification process. Undergoing training in these courses via on-demand training, instructor-led training, or a virtual class is advisable.
- Submission of Course Completion Form – One must submit the course they completed. This process is quite similar to the one in OCP Certification, and one can go ahead and submit a course from a list of over 20 courses.
- Oracle Database 11g: Certified Master Exam 11 GOCM – It is the ultimate step in your DBA journey. With the completion of this exam, one fulfills the learning requirements for this entire process.
- Course Submission Form – Submission of this form is suggestive of the fact that one has completed the required courses, which are fundamental in getting the Oracle Certified Master qualification.
- Submit a fulfillment Kit Request – One must submit this form in addition to the submission form. Once it is done, the Master Certification process comes to a halt.
7. Oracle Database SQL Exam ( SQL 1z0-071):
This exam fundamentally focuses on candidates with prior Oracle SQL exposure. Not only does it act as a stepping stone to future progressions, but it also cements one’s understanding of Oracle SQL and PL/ SQL technology. It has 78 questions, and a minimum of 63% is required.
An Oracle SQL Certification not only demonstrates one’s understanding but also acts as a badge for their credibility. With the help of the right SQL certificate and SQL training, one can understand SQL and its functioning with the Oracle Database server, thereby augmenting their career prospects.